Union City, Michigan

I purchased a Weston food dehydrator thru Cabela's.It was 5 years old and the fan motor gave out.

I called Cabela's and they referenced me to Weston and Weston's phone number. I called Weston twice. The first time I was told I could not get the fan/motor because of a safety issue. The second time I called and spoke with a rep, the rep told me that the unit was sold as a single unit [apparently with no user serviceable parts].

(It would have been nice to know that prior to purchase.) I told the rep that because they could not provide me with a motor/fan that I had a $150 piece of junk sitting there. Anyway, I wanted people to know about this prior to buying a food dehydrator.

If it is a Weston, I suggest you steer clear of it.There are many other namebrands out there you can go after.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Cabelas. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cabelas.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare Cabelas to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Cabelas?

Comments

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States #1237241

my motor crapped out on the second time i used it. Just added a drop of oil on the fan motor shaft. This fixed it for awhile, still had to add oil again after 5th time of use.