Yesterday I purchased a scope that was part of the Black Friday deals (online), and when I placed the order, it showed the item was in stock. About 2 hours later, I received an email stating that the item was backordered. Today, around noon, I received another email stating that there had been a mistake on the item pricing and that my purchase was canceled altogether.
Having confirmation that I had purchased the item I was looking for, I didn't purchase the other 2 comparable ones that I had been shopping for. By the time I received the email stating that the order had been cancelled, both of those other scopes had long since been sold out so I missed out altogether on my Christmas purchase.
I called in to speak with a customer service rep (26 min wait), and was very bluntly told that my order was cancelled due to more being sold than were available...no mention of an incorrect price as stated in the email I received. She was extremely insincere and offered no recourse, compensation, or for that matter, incentive to ever purchase from Cabela's again.
After a quick hang-up, I sat in disbelief for a moment and called back in. This time I waited 22 min. The second rep was unfortnately the same story. Unprofessional attitude, and an explanation that differed from that of the email I received. I asked for a manager, waited for a few more minutes, and was told none were available.
This ranks up there in the top 2-3 worst customer service experiences that I have ever had. You won't be getting my business again, and I will be informing everyone that I know of the situation and to follow suit.
You can only treat customers this way for so long before it drastically effects your business and reputation in an adverse way.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Nikon M-223 Riflescope
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do. I had..."
- "I rarely post comments on the Internet but felt compelled to respond to the negative comments about Enagic USA. Enagic Electrolysis Water Generators are distributed through a network marketing compensation..."
- "The bathroom was dirty....hair inside the towel&on tub..SAFE IT WAS NOT.PLUS HAD SOMETHING STUCK IN IT.SINK STOPPED UP .NO PHONE,NO CABLE.trash &food BEHIND TV..WENT TO THE OFFICE THE NEXT MORING...I..."
- "Yes they are so so so fake, but the money is real and i dont have time or money to give away like that, when they advertise the ..."
- "I am very very very upset that my order #1 have not come in, I patiently have waited over two week when it should not have taken longer than 7..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."