Cabelas - Review about Nikon M-223 Riflescope from Auburndale, Florida

95 of 242 Cabelas reviews

Yesterday I purchased a scope that was part of the Black Friday deals (online), and when I placed the order, it showed the item was in stock. About 2 hours later, I received an email stating that the item was backordered. Today, around noon, I received another email stating that there had been a mistake on the item pricing and that my purchase was canceled altogether.

Having confirmation that I had purchased the item I was looking for, I didn't purchase the other 2 comparable ones that I had been shopping for. By the time I received the email stating that the order had been cancelled, both of those other scopes had long since been sold out so I missed out altogether on my Christmas purchase.

I called in to speak with a customer service rep (26 min wait), and was very bluntly told that my order was cancelled due to more being sold than were available...no mention of an incorrect price as stated in the email I received. She was extremely insincere and offered no recourse, compensation, or for that matter, incentive to ever purchase from Cabela's again.

After a quick hang-up, I sat in disbelief for a moment and called back in. This time I waited 22 min. The second rep was unfortnately the same story. Unprofessional attitude, and an explanation that differed from that of the email I received. I asked for a manager, waited for a few more minutes, and was told none were available.

This ranks up there in the top 2-3 worst customer service experiences that I have ever had. You won't be getting my business again, and I will be informing everyone that I know of the situation and to follow suit.

You can only treat customers this way for so long before it drastically effects your business and reputation in an adverse way.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Nikon M-223 Riflescope
Review category
Shopping
review #741195

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cabelas? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
95 of 242 Cabelas reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.