Yesterday I purchased a scope that was part of the Black Friday deals (online), and when I placed the order, it showed the item was in stock. About 2 hours later, I received an email stating that the item was backordered. Today, around noon, I received another email stating that there had been a mistake on the item pricing and that my purchase was canceled altogether.
Having confirmation that I had purchased the item I was looking for, I didn't purchase the other 2 comparable ones that I had been shopping for. By the time I received the email stating that the order had been cancelled, both of those other scopes had long since been sold out so I missed out altogether on my Christmas purchase.
I called in to speak with a customer service rep (26 min wait), and was very bluntly told that my order was cancelled due to more being sold than were available...no mention of an incorrect price as stated in the email I received. She was extremely insincere and offered no recourse, compensation, or for that matter, incentive to ever purchase from Cabela's again.
After a quick hang-up, I sat in disbelief for a moment and called back in. This time I waited 22 min. The second rep was unfortnately the same story. Unprofessional attitude, and an explanation that differed from that of the email I received. I asked for a manager, waited for a few more minutes, and was told none were available.
This ranks up there in the top 2-3 worst customer service experiences that I have ever had. You won't be getting my business again, and I will be informing everyone that I know of the situation and to follow suit.
You can only treat customers this way for so long before it drastically effects your business and reputation in an adverse way.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Nikon M-223 Riflescope
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "I ordered the m223 from cabelas Black Friday sale on thanksgiving day. Order was confirmed and I then purchased a mount for that scope for another site. The following day..."
- "I've had two times where I was suppose to have won x2 items through this suppose to be game/survey, which I only was connected to this site through PCH. I..."
- "I hate Joanns in Brandon Fl, they operate just like Walmart! You can get in but it take over 20-30 mins to check out! Grrrr not worth it! #hiremorepeople #longlongline #hatethisstore..."
- "I am very very very upset that my order #1 have not come in, I patiently have waited over two week when it should not have taken longer than 7..."
- "The bathroom was dirty....hair inside the towel&on tub..SAFE IT WAS NOT.PLUS HAD SOMETHING STUCK IN IT.SINK STOPPED UP .NO PHONE,NO CABLE.trash &food BEHIND TV..WENT TO THE OFFICE THE NEXT MORING...I..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."