Layout of Store

Cabels and other large chain sporting good store were being robbed of ammo all over ohio. I am a gunshop owner who does on average $200,000 a year in business with Cabelas stores all over the country.

I recently went into Cabelas where I live and was told I have been banned from Cabelas locations and no longer able to do business with them. Backing up a few months ago, local police went to every shop but mine (which is the closest to the department) telling owners that Cabelas was being robbed of ammo and to look out for these brands (none which I purchased none the less). I called West Chester Police and gave them information on the sellers selling me ammo regualarly and they said none of it matched up. Using my spidy sense I called several times to get the police to my store while these individuals were there to see if things lined up.

The police NEVER showed up! I then set them up using the Police department of the Town my shop is in. Turns out 3 of the 4 in the car where arrested for the thefts and actually had warrants out by the Police Department that never came over. The lead detective then decided to try and tell me I had part in the thefts and everything else.

I told him to remove himself from my property and to contact my lawyer from now on. Now recently I went to cabelas to purchase some fishing items and was explained to that I was no longer allowed to purchase or sell to Cabelas due to my part in the robberies. I have since contacted Cabelas corperate offices trying to get an answer on to why but have been left hanging and told it was a confidential reason. What does that mean?

I am trying to figure out if the Police decided to slander my name and hinder my business or whats going on.

The case was reopened today but still have no answer to why which is not ethical in my eyes. Cabelas has lost a great customer for life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cabelas Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Most associates have good attitudes.

I didn't like: Management and customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 18, 2017.

Comments