Cabelas would not answer question or transfer call to saleperson

I called Cabelas the Sunday after Black Friday to inquire if an item was in stock before I made the 30 minute drive into the store.I was told I had to leave my phone number and name for a return call.

I asked if I could just hold and was told no. I then asked for the manager whose name was Jerrod. After holding awhile I was told he needed my name and number to return my call. I did not want to wait around all morning for a call.

I went ahead to the store. It was not crowded at all. Notice the 5 sales staff behind the gun counter. Notice the 5 behind a toally different counter.

I also have a picture with 3 managers leisurely walking the store. They easily could have taken a call. NOTE, THE STAFF AND SALESPEOPLE WERE EXELLENT AND VERY HELPFUL! This is about an incompetent manager and his policies.

I do not plan to shop Cabelas ever again.

Plenty of other options that want my business.Because they get a lot of 'tourist' business maybe they think they can treat the locals with such disregard.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Management and customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Review category
review #743967

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cabelas? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.