Minong, Wisconsin

I ordered several M-223 rifle scopes from Cabela's on Black Friday as gifts for family members. The price was low but not out of order with other good deals one typically sees on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. There were in stock and the order was accepted and charged to my Cabela's card.

I received an e-mail the next day, as well as 2 others over the next few days reiterating the first, that the pricing was a mistake and they were cancelling my order.

While this may not meet the legal definition of a "bait and switch," in which a product is offered as a substitute at a higher return for the advertiser, it is certainly a switch. Considering the bad PR and loss of customers this "mistake" is going to cause, I would think Cabela's would be further ahead simply honoring the price and being a bit more careful in the future.

This kind of practice, especially during a time period where good deals are offered and expected, is simply bad practice and I will be shopping elsewhere whenever possible. I have also cancelled my Cabela's VISA card.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of nikon m-223 riflescope. Cabelas needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned nikon m-223 riflescope in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cabelas.

Comments

You obviously are unhappy as I've read the exact same post on a couple forums. Maybe you should quit whining and be more grown up.

It's the retail business and if you read the 'fine print', Cabelas can and will) not honor a price thats been mis-published. Thats SOP for any retailer and always has been.

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1072839

I hope you contacted Cabela's corporate and told them what you think of this. I believe your situation is similar to another complaint I read about recently.

Apparently, Cabela's made a mistake in pricing and rather than doing the "right" thing, they just cancelled the orders. That's a mistake on their part. Thanks for sharing your story.

Might be best to shop at Gander Mountain, etc. rather than Cabela's.