I purchased a Predator XL kayak from Cabelas on 5/9 and cancelled my purchase with another company because Cabelas advertised the kayak for $679. $900 cheaper than what I had purchased elsewhere. I contacted Cabelas to verify that this was indeed the appropriate Kayak, and from the attached conversation validated that it was. I then cancelled my order with the local vendor and lost all discounts on my purchase with them, but hey, I lost a couple hundred to save $900 right?
Well, this morning I saw that they were not selling the kayaks any more so I checked on my order. It didn't show in my account on the Cabelas website, so I called them. The gal I spoke to told me that she was sorry but all those orders were cancelled.
I stated I hadn't received a email, and she said check my spam folder. When I protested, she transferred me to Jim who transferred me to Ty. Ty listened to my story and agreed that it was wrong, and that I shouldn't have to eat the over $500 in lost discounts. He spoke with management, and they agreed to try to make it right by giving me a $150 gift card as a mea culpa for their mistake that cost me so much. I wasn't thrilled, but hey, at least they empathized and tried to help lesson the sting, right??
Well, now 4 hours later, I get a call back from Ty who says Executive management said nope, not going to do that, sorry about your luck, and our corporate word is useless. This is my first post on this topic, but rest assured I will be posting on every board I come across.
Copy of Invoice, chat session with Cabelas rep Shannon B, and sales posting attached.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material. The weak point of these boots..."
- "I ordered a mobile phone worth Php 5,499.00 last May 22, I paid it with my smartmoney debit card. After a few hours, customer service called me to verify the..."
- "Thieves broke into Sentry safe stole everything.They use pry bars on the door separated the door broke the welds from the inner door and bent the lock mechanism to open...."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "I placed an order for one item on October 26 and still haven't received it. I contacted customer service several times and was told I could track my item online..."
- "When you subscribe to their Yearly Unlimited Premium plan, their website says that you get 2 free premium apps which are Site Booster and Form Builder. I only used the Site..."
- "I ordered a Bedroom set and a new Mattress set. At the time of delivery I noticed that the mattress set was to tall for the bed. I notified the..."