I purchased a Predator XL kayak from Cabelas on 5/9 and cancelled my purchase with another company because Cabelas advertised the kayak for $679. $900 cheaper than what I had purchased elsewhere. I contacted Cabelas to verify that this was indeed the appropriate Kayak, and from the attached conversation validated that it was. I then cancelled my order with the local vendor and lost all discounts on my purchase with them, but hey, I lost a couple hundred to save $900 right?
Well, this morning I saw that they were not selling the kayaks any more so I checked on my order. It didn't show in my account on the Cabelas website, so I called them. The gal I spoke to told me that she was sorry but all those orders were cancelled.
I stated I hadn't received a email, and she said check my spam folder. When I protested, she transferred me to Jim who transferred me to Ty. Ty listened to my story and agreed that it was wrong, and that I shouldn't have to eat the over $500 in lost discounts. He spoke with management, and they agreed to try to make it right by giving me a $150 gift card as a mea culpa for their mistake that cost me so much. I wasn't thrilled, but hey, at least they empathized and tried to help lesson the sting, right??
Well, now 4 hours later, I get a call back from Ty who says Executive management said nope, not going to do that, sorry about your luck, and our corporate word is useless. This is my first post on this topic, but rest assured I will be posting on every board I come across.
Copy of Invoice, chat session with Cabelas rep Shannon B, and sales posting attached.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
You May Also Like
- "I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material. The weak point of these boots..."
- "I ordered a mobile phone worth Php 5,499.00 last May 22, I paid it with my smartmoney debit card. After a few hours, customer service called me to verify the..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "I went for laser hair removal for a few hairs on my chin. I was not informed that if this procedure wasn't done properly by first performing a skin..."
- "I was ripped off by a company in China called PROMO-NEWA.COM. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They sold me FAKE MICRO SD CARDS. They promised to send Sandisk 64gb micro..."
- "I would like to thank Attorney Dan Newlin and his team especially Attorney Michael Truax for helping me with my case, thanks to you and your assistance I was able..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."