I purchased a Predator XL kayak from Cabelas on 5/9 and cancelled my purchase with another company because Cabelas advertised the kayak for $679. $900 cheaper than what I had purchased elsewhere. I contacted Cabelas to verify that this was indeed the appropriate Kayak, and from the attached conversation validated that it was. I then cancelled my order with the local vendor and lost all discounts on my purchase with them, but hey, I lost a couple hundred to save $900 right?
Well, this morning I saw that they were not selling the kayaks any more so I checked on my order. It didn't show in my account on the Cabelas website, so I called them. The gal I spoke to told me that she was sorry but all those orders were cancelled.
I stated I hadn't received a email, and she said check my spam folder. When I protested, she transferred me to Jim who transferred me to Ty. Ty listened to my story and agreed that it was wrong, and that I shouldn't have to eat the over $500 in lost discounts. He spoke with management, and they agreed to try to make it right by giving me a $150 gift card as a mea culpa for their mistake that cost me so much. I wasn't thrilled, but hey, at least they empathized and tried to help lesson the sting, right??
Well, now 4 hours later, I get a call back from Ty who says Executive management said nope, not going to do that, sorry about your luck, and our corporate word is useless. This is my first post on this topic, but rest assured I will be posting on every board I come across.
Copy of Invoice, chat session with Cabelas rep Shannon B, and sales posting attached.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a 34" edc low profile belt from original soe gear that on their web site states; "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "I called Cabelas the Sunday after Black Friday to inquire if an item was in stock before I made the 30 minute drive into the store. I was told I..."
- "When you subscribe to their Yearly Unlimited Premium plan, their website says that you get 2 free premium apps which are Site Booster and Form Builder. I only used the Site..."
- "Hi! I'm from Brazil and a few days ago I bought some games as a gift for a friend in a store in Kissimmee-FL. I bought the Assassin's Creed 4..."
- "I would like to thank Attorney Dan Newlin and his team especially Attorney Michael Truax for helping me with my case, thanks to you and your assistance I was able..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "I was with my mother, grandmother, and grandfather in the disabled line, my grandmother is lame and incontinent and my grandfather can't walk down slopes. The line for people with..."