Cabelas - Cabela's Screwed me not Once, but Twice!

I purchased a Predator XL kayak from Cabelas on 5/9 and cancelled my purchase with another company because Cabelas advertised the kayak for $679. $900 cheaper than what I had purchased elsewhere. I contacted Cabelas to verify that this was indeed the appropriate Kayak, and from the attached conversation validated that it was. I then cancelled my order with the local vendor and lost all discounts on my purchase with them, but hey, I lost a couple hundred to save $900 right?

Well, this morning I saw that they were not selling the kayaks any more so I checked on my order. It didn't show in my account on the Cabelas website, so I called them. The gal I spoke to told me that she was sorry but all those orders were cancelled.

I stated I hadn't received a email, and she said check my spam folder. When I protested, she transferred me to Jim who transferred me to Ty. Ty listened to my story and agreed that it was wrong, and that I shouldn't have to eat the over $500 in lost discounts. He spoke with management, and they agreed to try to make it right by giving me a $150 gift card as a mea culpa for their mistake that cost me so much. I wasn't thrilled, but hey, at least they empathized and tried to help lesson the sting, right??

Well, now 4 hours later, I get a call back from Ty who says Executive management said nope, not going to do that, sorry about your luck, and our corporate word is useless. This is my first post on this topic, but rest assured I will be posting on every board I come across.

Copy of Invoice, chat session with Cabelas rep Shannon B, and sales posting attached.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Company made a mistake, I lost money, COmpany said they'd make it right, then reneged.
Preferred solution:
$150 gift card as company committed to.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Predator Xl Minnkota
Review category
review #845280 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cabelas? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 11 #1157421

They still aren't honoring the price they gave me. Have you tried to email CEO or VP?

0 0 Reply

May 11 #1157427

Wasn't worth wasting further time or effort. I'm just posting my dissatisfaction everywhere I can find or think of.

0 0 Reply

May 11 #1157172

Poor way to do business. Good way to lose customers

1 0 Reply

May 10 #1156866

Same thing happened to me today. I will be calling them up here shortly hoping to get a better response.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.