This is my experience at CABELAS!!
I received (3) NeoAIr XLite sleeping pads by Thermarest as a gift and then went in Cabelas and bought (3) more for the rest of my family to use backpacking for when the cooler weather hits Phoenix Arizona...
Unfortunately, my kids and girlfriend decided that they werent up for the backpacking challenge...
Moving forward...First, my girlfriend miss placed our receipt (which put me in a panic because I paid cash and I wouldnt get my money back). We searched high and low for the receipt but couldnt find it :(
So on 4/16/2013 I was driving by Cabelas and went to return the (6) sleeping pads. However, when I opened my trunk I only had two of the six pads with me. So I went into Cabelas and they scanned each pad. The large pad was $179.00 and the regular size pad was $159.00 for a total in store credit of $374.57 (with the return tax). I then told the customer service lady (Brianna) that I would return the other four pads in a few days.
I then went looking around Cabelas to see if I was gonna buy something...Turns out I ended up spending the $374.57 in store credit, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL $145.53 the same night. (HERE CABELAS you thieves track this transaction
ST#015 RG#106 TR#9023)
Moving forward to 4/22/2013, I went in to CABELAS to return the other four pads and to spend some more money... A girl named Maryn at the Cabelas Customer Service desk was very rude to me...Maryn tried to tell me that one of the most expensive sleeping pads (NEOAIR XLITE) on the hiking market was once 50% off by their computer standards. Really?? When just the other day when I returned the first two pads and it wasn't an issue. Furthermore, if your a professional hiker you know that these Thermarest NEO AIR XLITE Sleeping Pads are NEVER on sale especially at 50% off!! Not on Amazon not BackCountry.com, not EVER!! ANYWHERE!! NEVER!!! CABELAS give me a break!!
So, based on my return the other day my in store credit for the (4) pads should have been $659.99... BUT instead CABELAS Customer Service tried to low ball my return/in store credit to less than $375!! WHAT!!! CABELAS tried CHEATING ME out of $284.96 because i lost a receipt!! I then told Maryn that this was nonsense.
Maryn then snapped at me and told me I have had a bunch of returns with no receipt...I said WHAT! Maryn went on to tell me that since CABELAS opened in 1961 I have had two returns with no receipt! I guess by CABELAS standards that makes you a CRIMINAL!!
I then called CABELAS Customer Service hotline and they claimed they couldn't find the sale and that the lowest price would be issued. I don't know what to tell them...
Maybe the cashier rang the wrong sku#??? I don't know?? I do know that 4 days earlier this wasn't an issue at Cabelas Customer Service Desk. Nor did CABELAS Customer Service ever think that an error could be on their end regarding their POS system and/or skus!! How about that CABELAS!!
BUYER BEWARE OF CABELAS!!!! It was sad enough that I wasn't getting my money back but then CABELAS took advantage of the situation and of a single Dad with four kids by trying to cheat me out of $284.96! That's a lot of money to me and my family!!
To bad for CABELAS, because I would have spent $100's more of my money along with the in store credit but not now!! or EVER AGAIN!!!
BEWARE!!! CABELAS will cheat you out of money and treat you like a criminal if you dont have a reciept!!
You can make this right Cabelas by contacting me at email@example.com
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Go Matilda Visas and its managing director Alan Collett is a UNYTRUSTWORTH migration agent. Alan Collett is an accountant of GM Tax and a migration agent of Go Maltilda Visas. He..."
- "Hi my name is Jane Cherriokee,I brought my daughter Samara Cherriokee today for interview.The guy interviewing was rude & didn't consider my daughter's feelings just because I aired my opinion..."
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Okay so exactly a week ago I bought a really cute ring that I mistakenly got in the wrong size. Today I took it back wanting a smaller size and..."
- "These are supposed to be two Mexican pizzas. We went to the Taco Bell drive through at 43rd ave. and Bell rd. in Phoenix, AZ. August 24th..."
- "Well i am so disappointed with "PROGRESSIVE" Car insurance since they are bad taking care of my car accident, i was with then for more then 3 years always paying..."