customer service customer service store order card sale people gun customers

Cabelas visa

I first got approved for my Caebelas credit card in December 2012. I had problems with it from the very beginning. They promised a $10 credit if I referred a customer who was approved, I refered a guest and they were approved. I looked over my statements and no credit was added on. I called and they told me that it may take a couple of months. It took about 4 months of my calling customer service and inquiring about the credit to actually get the credit. Paying the credit card early is supposed to be a good thing, well not with the Cabelas credit card. I am one of those people who actually check their accounts online and compare my online statement with the paper statement. I noticed a discrepency with my paper statements. The online statement had an added $25.00 on it for a late payment, but the paper statement did not have any late fee listed on it. Now this is funny because I have never been late paying on my credit card. I called and was told that I have to make my payment within their payment cycle??? I told the representative that I paid after my due date so that payment should be applied to the next payment due date. They took off the $25.00 late fee, but then the next month came around and the same thing happen. Late fee on my online account, no late fee on my paper statement. I called cabelas credit card customer service once again and asked them about the $25.00 late fee that was added on my online account and not my paper statement and asked why I was charged that fee when I paid my payment early. I was advised by the customer representative that "I AM NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE PAYMENTS EARLY", What? I said, that makes no sense what so ever. She went on to tell me that this would be the last time they *** the late fee on my credit card, I told her that if she took a closer on my account she would see that I had closed my account due to this lack of customer service and addition of unjustified late fees that were added to my account and paid my balance off in full. I will never step one foot back into Cabelas, nor will I order anything from that company again. They have definitly lost my business, it is LL Bean for me all the way!
Review

Not posting prices that were in their sales ad | Cabelas review from Dallas, Texas

Got my sales ad in the mail. Jan 9-20 ad. Pg 14. Save 20-30% on camping gear. Save 30% all in stock 2013 models. They were in stock! Just not priced. Drove the 1 hour to the store. None of the sale prices were shown at the displays. Looked for a salesperson to figure them out. After 20 mins of wandering in the camping section unable to find someone I left. Made $223.66 in purchase but i came for a tent. told my problem to the cashier. She circled the survey link and told me to tell them. WOW rather have a bad survey than find someone to come help.Next time I go to a local store not Cabelas. What a waste of time and patience. The prices are higher than most local stores but the selection is usually better. To bad the customer service is not worth the higher prices.
Service
Cabelas Cashier

Terrible customer service | Cabelas review from Yonkers, New York

Ordered a knife from them. Item arrived with a broken handle and when I tried to return it they sent it back and some warehouse worker sent along with it a print out of their policies with the part that read "we do not accept returns on items broken by customers" highlighted. As if they could have any idea who broke what. Terrible company. Ordered a knife from them. Item arrived with a broken handle and when I tried to return it they sent it back and some warehouse worker sent along with it a print out of their policies with the part that read "we do not accept returns on items broken by customers" highlighted. As if they could have any idea who broke what. Terrible company.
Loss

Cabelas no longer King of outdoor products

First let me say that I am a professional outfitter that spends 10-20 thousand dollars per year with companies like Cabelas. I have used Cabelas for the past 20 years for the majority of our purchases and have been very satisfied overall. This is no longer the case as the quality of the products and customer service have declined sharply over the past few years. There are a number of companies such as Rogers Sporting Goods, Macks Prarie Wings and Prarie Wind Decoys that you will do much better by shopping there. Cabelas does not offer the best prices nor do they stand behind their products like they once did. My experience does not stem from an isolated incident and in fact numbers in the dozens. Remember we buy a lot of stuff! I implore you to try some of these other companies so you don't suffer the headaches our company has had with Cabelas. It is really a shame because at one time Cabelas was the king of outdoor product sales but without a doubt some thing has taken place within the company that has degraded their business. Do yourself a favor and try some of these other companies because they have faltered badly.

Cabela's makes no claim to being the lowest price on sporting goods.

Yes, Cabela's job, or any other retailer's job, is to make sure you're getting the best price. Companies don't want to make money, they want to give all of their product away so amazing customers like yourself can get a great deal.

And if something breaks, either by accident or use/abuse, they should replace it forever, no questions asked.

Did I miss anything, "best customer ever"?

John N

Specific examples needed, not generalities.

No thanks-I'll stick with LLBean | Cabelas review

Dec. 18, 2013: I'm able to do some online Christmas shopping and have a Cabela's gift card. Great! I'll use it for gifts....not. It took about :30 minutes to even reach a 'real' person; not only that, but I didn't even get an annoying hold message, just a busy signal. Finally, I got through and spoke to a customer service rep. After I had given her my items, she informed me that they would be arriving around Dec. 30. When I expressed dismay that they wouldn't be here for Christmas, she told me that Christmas delivery was 'done' at 9 p.m. Her attitude: Oh, well. I told her to cancel the order. She was quite brusque and said she would do so, and hung up. Soooo....I called LLBean. The call was answered on the first ring, by another customer service rep, who was GREAT. Not only did she take my order, and offer me a $10 bonus coupon to use on that same order, she also gave me the name of a competitor who might have similar items that LLBean was currently sold out of. (Anybody seen 'Miracle on 34th Street' recently?) Moral of the story; someday I'll be around a Cabela's store and use my gift card, but I'll stick with LLBean: great products, great service, and a wonderful return policy if something's not right.

I have been ordering from LLBean for 2 years. I have experienced the greatest in service from this company.

The items were beyond my expections and the sizes are truly what they advertise. A customer for life.

I totally agree! Cabellea's Customer Service Dept.

sucks! I have been a Cabellea's Club Card member for about a year. I went there today to purchase 9MM rounds. Total was $146.00 My card was declined.

I asked why and the store clerk and manager couldn't tell me. Everything was fine with the card, no balance owed, not expired, not out of my normal purchase area, etc. They directed me to the Club Card booth where the clerk attempted to contact the Cabella's Customer Service Dept. via telephone.

Same thing you experience, it took aprox. 30 minutes to get someone to answer. The service rep (who was very rude) said a hold had been put on my card because of the purchase amount. I said are you kidding me, I have purchased that same amount back in October w/o a problem.

I asked if she could lift the hold and she said no that was a different department and she would have to transfer me. I told her I had already been on hold for 30 minutes and didn't want to hold any longer. I asked her to close out my account as I am done with Cabella's Club and she of course said she couldn't do that either. I finally blew my cool and told her where to go.

I told the store manager that they had a major problem and they were going to loos customers until they fixed it!

My recommendation is to steer clear of Cabella's Club Visa unless you want a credit card which is useless and aggravating!!!!

#761934

Around this time of the year..good luck! Although, I had no trouble with my order.

Mine is already here. No last minute stressful Christmas shopping

Lied about an order | Cabelas review from Albany, Georgia

On December 2nd I was sent a receipt for an order I placed. Then on December 10th an email was sent to me telling me the order was cancelled and sold out for the season! They waited 8 days to tell me they were sold out? How do you find these items I thought I bought for my grandson at this late date? Plus I was under the weather and was unable to read the email sent to me explaining this until on or about December 12th. I sent an email to customer service and received a pitiful insincere response apologizing for the inconvenience but no offer to correct their poor performance! What a crock!!! I am done with Cabela's forever and I advise anyone in the market for anything sold for Cabela's to shop elsewhere!!!!

This just happened to me. It is a gift for my son from Santa.

I called them 4 days in a row to make sure that it would be here in time. Everyday I was told yes it would we are just waiting for ups to pick it up.

Now I have no gift and no money for a different one. Total BS

#761938

I had trouble too. They said because so many people were ordering the system had errors and couldn't catch up fast enough. Said my item was in stock, but really wasn't.

Same thing just happened to me.

NOV.28 - DEC.4 Sale | Cabelas review

On Dec.3, I ordered 6 items from sale magazine LHD101 for a total of $1,099.94. They had one (1) $74.99 item in stock. Two small ticket items would be available on Dec 27. The other three items were cancelled. I contacted them twice, asking to not cancel the 3 items. They advised that they probably would not be getting the items anytime soon and the manufacturer was probably changing the items and none of that model would ever be available. I contacted the manufacturers and all 3 said that the exact models are in current production. Cabela's said that they had no intentions of ordering these items until next summer at the earliest. They also informed me that it was their prerogative to accept or discard any item on an order.

Verified Reviewer

2013 Black Friday Bedding Deal NOT | Cabelas review from Midlothian, Illinois

I purchased a 4 piece bedding set as well as the matching sheet on 11/28/13 for my child for a Christmas gift. I receive a UPS tracking on 12/1/13 stating the package was shipped, oh wait, NOT TO ME but back to Cabela's. I contacted customer service and they stated oh sorry your out of luck the items are getting returned to us due to a pricing glitch. Well thanks a bunch Cabela's now I don't have a Christmas gift for my child and I can no longer try to see if any other stores were offering a Black Friday deal since the day has come and gone. Now what am I supposed to do. You think for the inconvenience maybe they would offer a coupon or something, instead nothing. Merry Christmas NOT!!! Not a place I will do business with!
#761971

Sawsawski you are incorrect I did not do a deal in the "mailings", stores offer Black Friday Deals online. Over the past several years, I have had the pleasure of taking advantage of from the warmth of my home instead of standing in line outside on Thanksgiving.

#761945

First of all, no stores give Black Friday deals through mailings. It's in store only during certain hours or while supplies last. Is there more to your story than your saying??

#761973
@Sawszawski

So no there isn't more to what I am saying. If I could I would actually post the transaction that occurred on 11/28 with Cabela's.

That is terrible-even if a pricing glitch they should honor it and I thought once shipped it no longer belonged to them and they could not request it returned?!?!? Either way I would continue to call customer service several times a day until they fixed it.

@JMM

Cabela's does not care about me or the predicament they put me in. They are not nice and they do not care about customer service, so I will no longer be a patron of their establishment. I will go to Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain.

Rielly

I agree there is plenty of time to shop but not at Black Friday prices.

You do realize that Christmas is 3 weeks away and that gives you plenty of time to shop? And you do realize that bedding is a TERRIBLE gift for a child?

View more comments (6)
Review
I took my rifle in to get a scope mounted and sighted in. The "outfitter" told me that they didn't carry the scope base for my rifle( remington 783). He did tell me he had some that would work. So going on his word I bought the the bases and mounts he recommended. He...

That exact same story happened to me!!! I bought a .243 rugar...However when i took it to a real pro to have it worked on all the screws for the mounts were rounded or stripped out..

I had to have them drill & then everything installed correctly it cost me an extra $200.00... so not happy!!!

Loss
My wife purchased a pair of Danner boots as a gift for me online, order # 212541534. The boots were defective and returned for exchange. Cabela’s no longer sells these boots so they were going to issue a refund. Cabela’s received them on Sept 23rd according to the USPS...
#761951

Why in the world would you not tell cabelas off hand to begin with about the cancelled visa??? Maybe tell them before they got the boots..seems you weren't on top of your toes.

They always give back the way you purchased them and something tells me you knew this since you sent the boots and said nothing until after the return. Maybe you just remembered it was the cancelled visa.

View more comments